English-Spanish translations for answer
- respuestaMi respuesta, y la respuesta del Grupo PPE-DE es: aún no. My answer, and the answer of the PPE-DE group is: not yet. Es nuestra tarea darles una respuesta. It is our task to answer them. Puede que no sea la respuesta para todo, pero es una respuesta. It may not be the answer to everything, but it is an answer.
- contestaciónGracias por su breve contestación. Thank you for your brief answer. Me gustaría obtener una contestación de mis colegas. I would like an answer from my fellow Members. En cuanto a su contestación, no estoy de acuerdo con su contenido. As to your answer, I disagree with its contents.
- contestarEn el Pleno, solamente vamos a contestar esta pregunta. I am glad to answer that question. Señora Presidenta, contestaré a eso. Madam President, I will answer that. El señor Vitorino va a contestar estas preguntas. Mr Vitorino will answer these questions.
- responderNo puedo responder a esa pregunta. I cannot answer that question. Debemos responder a esa pregunta. That question must be answered. . Sí señor Presidente, sí que puedo responder. Yes, Mr President, I can answer.
- contestaLa pregunta se contesta por sí misma. To ask the question is to answer it. Cada Comisario contesta durante 20 minutos. Each Commissioner answers for 20 minutes. Son preguntas a las que el informe no contesta. These are questions which the report does not answer.
- servirExisten problemas reales, pero si no vemos una respuesta creíble a esta pregunta emergente, ningún otro remedio servirá jamás. These are real problems, but if we do not see a credible answer to this question emerging, nothing else will ever work.
Definition of answer
- A response or reply; something said or done in reaction to a statement or question
- A solution to a problem
- A document filed in response to a complaint, responding to each point raised in the complaint and raising counterpoints
- To make a reply or response to
- To speak in defence against; to reply to in defence
- To respond to a call by someone at a door or telephone, or other similar piece of equipment
- To suit a need or purpose satisfactorily
- To be accountable or responsible; to make amends
- To file a document in response to a complaint
- To be opposite, or to act in opposition
- To be or act in conformity, or by way of accommodation, correspondence, relation, or proportion; to conform; to correspond; to suit; usually with ''to''
- To respond to satisfactorily; to meet successfully by way of explanation, argument, or justification; to refute
- To be or act in compliance with, in fulfillment or satisfaction of, as an order, obligation, or demand
- To render account to or for
- To atone for; to be punished for
- To be or act as an equivalent to, or as adequate or sufficient for; to serve for; to repay
- Her answer to his proposal was a slap in the face
- There is no simple answer to corruption.
- He answered the question
- to answer a charge or accusation
- She answered the door
- Nobody answered when I knocked on the door.
- It answers the need
- The man must answer to his employer for the money entrusted to his care.
- He has a lot to answer for.
- He answered my claim upon him.
- The servant answered the bell.