English-Finnish translations for subscribe
Definition of subscribe
- To sign up to have copies of a publication, such as a newspaper or a magazine, delivered for a period of time
- To pay for the provision of a service, such as Internet access or a cell phone plan
- To pay money to be a member of an organization
- To promise to give, by writing one's name with the amount
- To agree to buy shares in a company
- To sign; to mark with one's signature as a token of consent or attestation
- To write at the bottom of a document; to sign (one's name
- To sign away; to yield; to surrender
- To yield; to admit to being inferior or in the wrong
- Would you like to subscribe or subscribe a friend to our new magazine, Lexicography Illustrated?
- I don’t subscribe to that theory.
- Each man subscribed ten dollars.
- 1776: Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations — The capital which had been subscribed to this bank, at two different subscriptions, amounted to one hundred and sixty thousand pounds, of which eighty per cent only was paid up
- Parties subscribe a covenant or contract; a man subscribes a bond.
- Officers subscribe their official acts, and secretaries and clerks subscribe copies or records.